The countdown to National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day, April 10, has officially begun! And you can join young people around the nation as they lead efforts to end the AIDS epidemic. Here are five ways you can jump in right away:
- Sign the petition to President Obama asking him to prioritize young people in the National HIV/ AIDS Strategy.
- Get a local proclamation for National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day and make NYHAAD #Official in your community! Use the NYHAAD Campaign Toolkit to help you get started.
- Host an event in recognition of National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day to educate the public about the impact of HIV and AIDS on young people as well as highlight the amazing work young people like you are doing across the country to fight the HIV & AIDS epidemic. Register your event here by March 20, 2015 in order to receive materials.
- Film a short video about why you’re speaking out about HIV and why President Obama must prioritize young people within the National HIV/AIDS Strategy. Be sure to post on Instagram, Facebook and Youtube using the hashtag #SpeakOutHIV and #NYHAAD.
- Download the NYHAAD Campaign Toolkit and the State Advocacy Toolkit to get more great ideas for creative activism this NYHAAD.
The countdown to National Youth HIV AIDS Awareness Day has begun!
Join young people across the nation as they lead efforts to end the AIDS epidemic.
Here are 5 things you can do to get ready for #NYHAAD http://ow.ly/KeZji