You May Also Like:
- Media Justice Mash-Up
- Redefining Philanthropy: Liberating African Infants from Mortality with the Children’s Prize Million Dollar Initiative
- Random Rant: People Magazine on Beauty
- Red Ribbon Awards 2012: Celebrating Community Leadership in the HIV/AIDS Response
- Remember Sarah Baartman
- RIP Wangari Maathai, Africa
- 1Flesh Interview, pt. 4b: Sex (continued)
- Massachusetts Passes Watered Down Transgender Protections/Musings On Trans-Patriarchy
- Today 3 women won the Nobel Peace Prize!
- Canadian Transgender Woman Gets Implants
Dec 2, 2012
Editor Virgie Tovar is celebrating the release of her book Hot & Heavy: Fierce Fat Girls on Life, Love and Fashion by giving her readers a glimpse of what they can expect. For her internet followers, it means we get to gush over all of the fun, radical, body positivity!
The List of 50 “fat and ferocious” femmes came in day installments, though the whole list is now viewable here. Among the ranks we can find Nobel Peace Prize winner Rigoberta Menchu, Missy Piggy and Honey Boo Boo. The list of course includes a number of smart, fat, femmes who are transgressing boundaries and confronting patriarchy and rigid beauty standards. Get it, grrrls!Categories: Body Image